after BREAST CANCER is a Canada Wide Charity Dedicated to Supporting and Celebrating Those Affected by Breast Cancer
Most people believe that surviving breast cancer treatment is the end of the battle, but in fact, it is the beginning of the healing journey. After treatment, breast cancer graduates face numerous physical, emotional, and financial challenges. Countless women struggle to re-establish themselves in the workforce, manage chronic health issues resulting from treatment, instate new healthy lifestyle habits, overcome depression, and become reacquainted with their new bodies.
- RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT: To identify under-served areas in breast cancer survivorship that lack resources and provide evidence based information that can facilitate informed decision making on issues related to breast cancer survivorship.
- DIRECT SUPPORT: To provide women who have no insurance and limited financial resources with a mastectomy bra, camisole and breast prosthesis at NO COST to them after breast surgery (mastectomy or lumpectomy).
- SUPPORT FOR THE FUTURE: To provide resources that contribute to a woman’s Quality of Life (QOL) after breast cancer.
How It Works
- We purchase NEW mastectomy bras, breast prostheses and camisoles.
- We undertake Fitting appointments at specific locations.
- Women receive new single or double breast prosthesis/es every two years.
- Women receive up to THREE new mastectomy bras each year.
- We offer on-going Educational Workshops to women facing breast cancer.